Sunday, February 28, 2010

Do u think places like supercuts, master cuts and costcutters r good?

Okay as a stylist I would personally suggest that you do not go to any ';fly-by'; salons like supercuts, great clips, etc. Salons like that usually aren't as strict on the stylist that are hired there. Stylist that might do a bad or so-so job are able to find work there. Where as in a ';real'; salon, you must do multiple cuts before you are hired and each are inspected by the manager to see how your cutting style is and your ability level. Spend the extra money and go to a ';real'; salon.Do u think places like supercuts, master cuts and costcutters r good?
i go to fantastic sams for length trims and to get my bangs trimmed regularly. also when im in the mood ill get my hair blown out by a professional instead of doing it myself cuz sometimes its nice to be pampered and let someone else do it..kinda like choosing between making a sandwhich or ordering takout..its usually better when someone else does all the work :) it costs less then half what my other salon costs so ill go to the high end one for drastic changes or dying but for little trims or a deep conditioning mask and blowout ill go to supercuts or fantastic sams..its way cheaper and it makes me feel 10 times more confidentDo u think places like supercuts, master cuts and costcutters r good?
I don't think they're the best option available to get your hair cut. Instead of going there go to a salon!
It's not really the place that you have to worry about being good,it's more the sylist that you go to and wether they can do a good job to where you like what they did with your hair.
The thing with chain salons is that they offer a lot more to their employees (like insurance, benefits) than most of your independent shops out there. I've found that most of the stylists don't enjoy working there, but they need to and have to for the benefits (and they aren't going to give the best cuts or service if they're unhappy). They also cater to the fresh-out-of-beauty-school kids, so you never know if you're going to get someone that's been doing hair for 10 years or 10 minutes! I think the best stylists are ones that are working independently, but it's hard to say because sometimes you might find a great one at a chain salon too. It's just hard to take that gamble. My biggest tip: if you're looking for a new stylist... get referrals!!!
Well personally I haven't really liked them much the last couple of times I have gone there. They might be okay for a very little trim, but I wouldn't recommend them for an actual haircut/style. That's just my opinion though.

No comments:

Post a Comment