Monday, February 22, 2010

How much do you tip when you get your hair cut at a Great Clips, Supercuts, or some place along those lines?

I usually tip 20%, or about $2-$3 bucks, but these past couple of times, the person who cuts my hair seemed less then satisfied with that. Thanks!How much do you tip when you get your hair cut at a Great Clips, Supercuts, or some place along those lines?
Because I usually get my hair done to the point of it costing $120 (Yeah, eff my life), I tip 10 bucks. They appreciate the service, and I appreciate them improving my hair (sort of... hopefully it doesn't start falling out... knocks on wood).How much do you tip when you get your hair cut at a Great Clips, Supercuts, or some place along those lines?
I don't know where Sue worked, but hairdressers at Great Clips, Supercuts etc.. typically make $8-10 an hour; tips are a fair amount of their income. I tip 10% or 1-2 dollars (for a great clips hair cut) if they do an adequete job, if the stylist was particularly attentive or just fun to talk to, I tip 3-4 dollars.
The general rule is 10% of the bill but if you love the cut and like your stylist it's up to you. A hairdresser should not expect tips, they are generally well paid and it's just a perk for them.


Just explain that you'd like to give more but can't afford to - it shows your appreciation and intent.
2-3 dollars
I usually don't at all.
If its just a cut I would tip around $5-$7.
yea 2 to 3 dollars. it always depends on how good of a job they did or how much i liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment